Benefits: Personalizing Greeting Cards
Personalizing Greeting Cards
Nine out of 10 Americans look forward to receiving personal letters and greeting cards. Adding a personal touch to your greeting cards can make them even more special to the receiver.
Here are some tips for personalizing greeting cards:
- Decorate the outside of the envelope with drawings and stickers. Adorning the outside of the card adds more pageantry to the thoughtfulness inside.
- Write the person’s name or nickname on the inside of the card. Personalizing the card reminds them this card was sent just for them.
- Underline, circle or highlight the phrases that apply or hold special meaning. This is a great way to signify how the card personally applies to your loved one.
- Write a heartfelt note inside the card. If you are not especially eloquent, write something simple, such as, “I am not always great with words, but when I read this card, I thought of you.” The most personal cards are honest and heartfelt.
- Enclose a meaningful photo. A special photo could be of the two of you or of someone or something else unique to your relationship.
- Enclose confetti inside the envelope. This simple surprise is easy and fun and will make the receiver feel extra special.
- Add a small gift inside. If your card is for a holiday or occasion, you can add a small gift certificate to a favorite store, a CD of your favorite music or special jewelry to make the card a gift in itself.
- Make your greeting cards a part of an ongoing conversation. Create a sequence in which each card you send tells part of a story and together they answer a question or reveal a hidden message.